Monday, September 10, 2012

Wednesday to Friday (and The Pincushion)

They say a picture is worth a thousand words.  So, theoretically, if I don't have a picture for Wednesday, Thursday or Friday, I could just give you three thousand carefully crafted words to form a mental picture?

Three thousand words is a decent sized academic essay, and usually by the end of one I'm a nervous wreck. A very informed, well cited nervous wreck.  Recovery usually involves a lot of sleeping, and then eating, and then more sleeping, and several animated movies.

On Wednesday I was going to take another photo of my laptop and then decided not (you're welcome).  Thursday is a blur because I was finishing a paper, and then on Friday morning I was running out to the car when I realised I didn't have my camera with me.  I looked at my watch.  I looked at the car.  I looked back at the house.  I looked down at my nice boot which was slowly sinking into the mud.

I didn't go back for the camera, so no shots of what I did on Friday morning.  That's the morning I work at the library, so just picture rows and rows of bookshelves.  In between all these rows is a girl with a trolley, and she's frantically trying to remember her alphabet while creatively re-arranging the fiction so she can fit about 275 new books on the shelf.  (That girl is me.)

On Saturday I took some photos of the nice things I do when I'm stuck at home studying, in an effort to stay sane.

I like to think I'm scrapbooking.  I've started several scrapbooks but I think I'm going to actually finish this one!  I'm enjoying using up all the ink in my gel pens from primary school.  I knew they'd come in handy one day.



I also pretend to play the piano.  I'm not going to talk anymore about that.



Sometimes I even use my sewing machine (gasp).  Here you can see that I'm making something with a tail and if you're really good you might notice what it is.




This is my pincushion.  



I also go for a walk down the road nearly everyday.  This is The Mouse's version of going to the gym - I walk very fast.  In fact, if I hear someone else say 'you're walking too fast, slow down' when we're walking through the shopping center/town center/ or basically anywhere...I might just do something violent.  So remember that.



And I've just found one photo I did take on Thursday.  I was in the middle of listening to a lecture when I saw this little gem on the power point.



As you can see, my politics lecturer is taking things very seriously.  Kind of like I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...