Saturday, September 1, 2012

And suddenly it's Spring...

I have to say that the first day of spring has lived up to all of my very high expectations.

Look... I even got to stand barefoot in the grass without my feet turning blue:






Notice how blindingly white these feet are.  This is a symptom of a long, cold, and very wet winter.

I just rushed outside half an hour ago to take these photos while I was checking to see if my camera still works after months of disuse.  The poor thing has been sitting in its camera bag under my desk, getting dusty and dented.  After my 21st birthday party I ran out of things to take photos of, besides salami.



I'm in such a hurry on this first day of spring that I'm throwing these photos straight up without any editing or watermarking.  I also haven't reviewed them either.  Let's do that together.




This ^ is the first photo I took before I realised that my ISO was set to 1600.  I might not know much about the intelligence of my camera, but I do know that we don't need high ISOs in spring!  I love spring.  

Now, here is an example of taking a random shot without a specific subject:  I think the sky could be the subject though.  How pretty is that colour?




I've decided that letting my camera get dusty and dented, and leaving it under the desk where it might be used as a foot rest in moments of distraction, is just not good enough.

So every day this week I'm going to take my camera with me and take at least one shot of wherever I am or whatever I'm doing.

Starting tonight, when I'm going to be at the MCG wearing black and white.







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...