Monday, December 19, 2011

Amnesia [I'm back]



Hi.

It's me!

Wow, it's so nice to be blogging again.  Let's jump straight in and talk about amnesia.

Most of what I know about amnesia is gleaned from movies and comic strips (I'm not really excited by medical literature).  As far as I understand, one can get amnesia after receiving a hefty blow to the head, often with a blunt instrument.  After said blow, the one with the sore head can no longer remember things such as their home address, their last meal, or even their own identity (as illustrated by Garfield in 1987).


Amnesia 1987-02-09.gif


The last few weeks have been such a blur.  When people ask me what I've been doing lately, I'm pretty sure I must sound like an imbecile:

"Oh, well I've been very busy.  Last Friday...I think it was Friday?, I did some baking.  Nooooo, that was Monday.  Wait! I think Monday was the night I went out to dinner...but hey no, that had to be Tuesday, or maybe that was the week before...um, sorry... what day is it today again?"
*confused look and sheepish smile*

I'd like to propose a different type of amnesia.  One which can be brought on by a sudden change in schedule due to the beginning of summer break and the onset of Christmas.

Other symptoms include an aversion to writing anything that could possibly turn into an essay, a tendency to sleep in, guilt while staying up late, and an addiction to Christmas carols.

So... if you see me any time soon and ask me what I've been doing lately, don't be surprised if I pull out a calendar and first check to see which day we are actually at, and then look back to see what I've actually been doing.  It's all written down, people.

Holidays + Mouse = chronic short-term amnesia.

One thing I do know:
Christmas is in 6 sleeps and I'm actually excited for no particular reason other than I am feeling extra Christmassy this year!
This is ironic because last year I was calling myself the grinch.  Obviously I'm pretty unstable.  But more on that later...

I've missed The Mouse Files like I miss salads after a week of deep fried 'food' (teehee) - can't wait to start blogging again, people - stay tuned!





1 comment:

  1. And now we will all be walking around with huge grins on our faces because The Mouse is back! :)

    (sand + writing + silhouette = awesomeness!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...